Monday, December 17, 2007

Christmas Cookiepalooza!

Well, I can now reveal the reason I was under the weather this morning: it was Christmas Cookiepalooza at my house yesterday. From 10:00 am until 8:00 pm was a day filled with rolling and cutting gingerbread, welsh cookies, sugar cookies and butter cookies; slicing logs of lime meltaways; rolling peanut blossom and thumprint cookie dough into 1" round balls; and then baking them all.

35 Peanut Blossoms
40 Thumbprint Cookies
150 Welsh Cookies
200 Lime Meltaways
37 Butter Cookies - Stars and Moons
29 large (6" across) Sugar Cookies - Snowflakes
57 large (6" long) Gingerbread Cookies - Christmas Trees

Take a look at the finish products below. Now all I need to do is wait for them to dry overnight and bag them up!


3 comments:

Charley "Apple" Grabowski said...

You make me feel like a slacker. I only got two kinds done all weekend and the way the week is starting that may be it! Your's all look great! Does this mean that you get to relax now and enjoy the rest of the season?

Thomas MacEntee said...

Oh I wish that it were so! Tomorrow is house cleaning, Wednesday is the gift wrapping party with friends at our house for our Operation Santa families - I think I can rest on Saturday and Sunday!

Lee said...

I've never been one to make cookies at Xmas, but you've inspired me, Thomas, and not just because my mouth is watering from looking at those photos either.

P.S. Are there any leftovers?