Thursday, May 1, 2008

The First of May



"Hooray! Hooray!
It's the First of May!
Outdoor romance begins today!"


This is a short poem or "ditty" that I've heard through the years. Nowadays my friends and family all try to see who is the first one to remember and then send out the exhortation via e-mail or by phone.

It is only one month away from "meteorological summer" so get out the porch swing or the hamock, make some lemonade or sweet tea . . .

I'll be posting some of my favorite summer recipes over at my food blog And I Helped including Sweet Cole Slaw, Sour Cole Slaw, Barbecue Baked Beans, etc.

Photo: Porch Swing on Flickr by Mr. Greenjeans.

1 comment:

Lidian said...

Thomas, Inspired by you, I am trying to put my e mail address on my Blogger profile...so far, not so good. Anyway, here it is:

Lidian47@gmail.com

And thanks in advance - you know how I love Victorian weird stuff. I am going to post about that pickle stand later today, and link to the post you wrote involving pickles ( I really liked that one -I like your whole blog a lot, but you already know that!)