Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Family Tree Maker Updates

As my readers may know, I recently made the transition from Family Tree Maker 16 to FTM 2008. And then with various blogs posting about the upgrade to FTM 2009, I was all hyped about getting a preview as early as possible.

A few fellow genea-bloggers sent me the 800 number to call to get my code since "the email process has been backed up." Well it turns out that the information was not entirely correct.

I did call Ancestry using the special 800 number I was given. Turns out that emails will still be sent out to FTM 2008 owners in the order in which they purchased and registered the product. This is the important part. Since I didn't purchase and register my FTM 2008 but two weeks ago, I will probably be one of the last one's receiving the upgrade email.

Despite that bit of bad news, I was happy to see that there is a new FTM-related blog as Randy Seaver at Genea-Musings has pointed out.

Please take time to go visit Family Tree Maker User and see all the great posts. It is sort of like a "boot camp" for FTM 2008 and 2009 users.

1 comment:

Cousin Russ said...

Thomas,

Just found your blog via Face Book and this entry. Thank you for the link to my new blog on the Family Tree Maker program. If there is an area you would like me to post, I would be happy to try. My current effort has a story to it, but I also am trying to pick up issues that other Family Tree Maker users encounter.

Great Job !!!

Thank you,

Russ