Friday, September 26, 2008

Scanfest Speaks - Scanfest and Skype

Are you planning to attend the next Scanfest on Sunday, September 28th hosted by Miriam Midkiff Robbins over at AnceStories: The Stories of My Ancestors?

If you are, and whether it is your first time or you are a "charter attendee," you will need the following information to participate in a new feature: Scanfest with voice capabilities.

1. Download and Install Skype

This is a free program which allows you to speak with other Skype users anywere for free. Use the instructions in this posting at Bootcamp for Genea-Bloggers to assist you in the installation.

2. Setup Thomas MacEntee as a Contact

Set me up as a contact using my email address tmacentee@gmail.com.

3. Conduct a Test Call

Call me using the new contact. If I am unavailable please leave a voicemail.

4. Confirm Your Skype Participation in Scanfest

If you feel comfortable participating in Scanfest using Skype so you can speak with others while scanning, send me an email at tmacentee@gmail.com.

Note: Skype only allows me to connect up to 24 others in a conference call. We will be doing this on a first come first serve basis.

5. Non-Skype Participation

If you don't have Skype or cannot/do not want to install it, email me at tmacentee@gmail.com and send me your name and phone number. I will patch you in to the call at 11:00 am PDT.

If you have any questions please contact me prior to Sunday at 11:00 am PDT.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you want another option for a test call, you can try me at moultriecreek.