Some readers must wonder why I do these memes and how it fits in with a genealogy/family history blog. My reasoning tells me that this blog is as much a record of my life and how I grew up as much as it is one that documents the lives of my ancestors.
So here is the latest meme making the rounds: Forty Things About Me! which has been posted over on Facebook by a fellow genea-blogger, Virginia Hill Travis. Virginia runs the Valeehill Genealogy Blog.
Forty things about me and then about you when you do it yourself.
1. Do you like blue cheese?
Yes. Especially the Maytag Blue Cheese made in Newton, Iowa.
2. Have you ever done something you regretted?
Never. Everything happens for a reason and I am committed to not living a life of regrets. I fear I will turn in to a pillar of salt if I look back.
3. Do you own a gun?
4. What flavor of Kool Aid was your favorite?
Cared for Hawaiian Punch not Kool Aid.
5. Do you get nervous before doctor appointments?
6. What do you think of hot dogs?
Disgusting especially if you've ever seen them made.
7. Favorite Christmas movie?
Christmas In Connecticut.
8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning?
Coffee and I like it the way I like my men: ground up and in the freezer.
9. Can you do push ups?
10. Favorite hobby?
Genealogy and family history.
11. Do you have A.D.D.?
Yes I do have . . . wow, what is that bright shiny object over there? Let's go see.
12. What's one trait you hate about yourself?
I think too much and constantly analyze things.
13. Middle name?
14. Name 3 thoughts at this exact moment?
Why am I so tired?
When will this hip pain end?
I need to find work.
15. Name 3 drinks you regularly have?
Diet Sierra Mist with Cranberry Splash
16. Current hate right now?
17. Favorite place to be?
18. How did you bring in the New Year?
Quietly at home
19. A place would you like to go?
20. Name three people who will complete this:
21. Do you have slippers?
Wearing them right now - Land's End fleece
22. What shirt are you wearing?
Russell Athletic T-Shirt, grey with no pocket
23. Do you like sleeping on satin?
No, it snags too much.
24. Can you whistle?
25. Would you be a pirate?
Arggghhh. Aye matey!
26. What songs do you sing in the shower?
His Eye Is On the Sparrow.
27. Favorite girl's name(s)?
28. What's in your pocket right now?
29. Last thing that made you laugh?
Worst Week on CBS
30. Favorite bed sheets as a child?
None that I can remember - I was lucky to have sheets we were so broke.
31. Worst injury ever?
Severed quadricep tendon, right leg.
32. Do you like where you live?
33. How many TVs do you have in your house?
One but it's a biggun
34. Who is your loudest friend?
35. How many dogs do you have?
36. Does someone have a crush on you?
I hope so
37. What is your favorite book?
The Lives of the Kings and Queens of England by Antonia Fraser
38. What is your favorite candy?
39. Favorite Sports Team?
40. What song do you want played at your funeral?
Going Home by Will Martin (based on music by Antonin Dvorak).