Friday, January 16, 2009
The Week In Facebook: January 16, 2009
This is a weekly feature which will document some of the genea-blogger happenings as they relate to Facebook®.
- Wow! What a difference a week makes!! We've added close to 20 new members since last Friday for a total of 316. Check out Genea-Bloggers group listing on Facebook. Is this a trend? Or as some feel it might be a matter of people trying to stick to a New Year's resolution to finally tackle their genealogy or start a blog about their family history? Either way we are happy to have the new members on board!
- As I stated last week, many of our new members are also new to blogging or to running genealogy-related blogs. Others may not have been Facebook members or may not have known about Genea-Bloggers. For a list of still more newly discovered genealogy blogs, visit this post at Facebook Bootcamp for Genea-Bloggers.
- There are several carnivals with deadlines this Sunday: 11th Edition of the Carnival of Irish Heritage and Culture and the 13th Edition of the Cabinet of Curiosities both on Sunday, January 18th.
- Don't forget Weekly Genealogy Blogging Prompt #2: Carnivals! If you decide to participate in any of the many genealogy blogging carnivals, create a quick post about why you participate in carnivals and how they help you with your genealogy research!
- Remember to visit the Posted Items or think about posting your own items such as interesting articles, great resources, etc.
- And don't forget the Discussion Board with topics ranging from how to participate in a blog carnival to how to add a badge to your blog.
Again, if anyone has a question as to how to use Facebook, I'd be happy to help. You can always email me directly but if you post your question as a Discussion Topic at the Genea-Bloggers group, you might find that other members also have the same questions.