Friday, January 23, 2009
The Week In Facebook: January 23, 2009
This is a weekly feature which will document some of the genea-blogger happenings as they relate to Facebook®.
- This weekly post will migrate over to the new Geneabloggers website beginning next week, January 30th. I want to free up Destination: Austin Family to concentrate more on my research and my surnames and I think the weekly Facebook post fits more with the Geneabloggers site than here.
- While it seems like we only added two new members to bring us to a total of 318 that is a bit misleading - we did have some members leave and I dropped some people who never completed their Facebook signup. Check out Genea-Bloggers group listing on Facebook. If you know anyone who blogs about their genealogy or family history and you think they might benefit from membership in Geneabloggers please let me know and send me their email info!
- A new post listing new geneablogs can be found here at Facebook Bootcamp for Geneabloggers. Check out the new sites and welcome the new bloggers since many if not all are now members of Geneablggers.
- The deadline for the Carnival of Central and Eastern European Genealogy is today, January 23. Please check it out and post about your family's roots in this area.
- Don't forget Weekly Genealogy Blogging Prompt #3: Weekly Blog Themes! Learn more about Tombstone Tuesday and Wordless Wednesday!
- And finally let's give a great big cheer for the return of Scanfest which has been on hiatus since last Fall. If you've always wanted to learn the correct way to scan photos and documents and how to do so while "chit chatting" with your fellow geneablogger, then check it out this Sunday, January 25, 2009 from 11:00 AM - 2:00 PM Pacific time.
Again, if anyone has a question as to how to use Facebook, I'd be happy to help. You can always email me directly but if you post your question as a Discussion Topic at the Genea-Bloggers group, you might find that other members also have the same questions.