It has been a few months since I've posted an update about Facebook and Genea-Bloggers. This is a weekly feature which will document some of the genea-blogger happenings as they relate to Facebook®.
- As of today, the Genea-Bloggers group is creeping up on having its 300th member! Since the last post of The Week In Facebook on October 17, 2008, membership has increased by 70 more members for a total of 296.
- Many of our new members are also new to blogging or to running genealogy-related blogs. Others may not have been Facebook members or may not have known about Genea-Bloggers. For a list of newly discovered genealogy blogs, visit this post at Facebook Bootcamp for Genea-Bloggers.
- Lots of events coming up with deadlines for carnivals including: 9th Edition of Smile for the Camera on Saturday, January 10th and the 64th Edition of the Carnival of Genealogy on Thursday, January 15th. There is also a new weekly genea-blogging prompt courtesy of Amy Coffin's Jump Start Your Genealogy Blog post at We Tree. Check out the weekly prompt here.
- Remember to visit the Posted Items or think about posting your own items such as interesting articles, great resources, etc.
- And don't forget the Discussion Board with topics ranging from how to participate in a blog carnival to how to add a badge to your blog.
Again, if anyone has a question as to how to use Facebook, I'd be happy to help. You can always email me directly but if you post your question as a Discussion Topic at the Genea-Bloggers group, you might find that other members also have the same questions.