Monday, January 26, 2009

What a Great Scanfest!

In case you missed it, a fun and productive time was had by all during yesterday's Scanfest hosted by Miriam Midkiff Robbins of AnceStories: The Stories of My Ancestors.

Not only were basic scanning questions answered (Which DPI should I use? Do I save as TIFF or JPG format or both?) but lots of tricks and tips were revealed (Use dental floss to remove pictures stuck in those awful "magnetic" album pages.  Or better yet, just scan the entire page and then save as separate photos).

If you haven't attended a Scanfest yet, get ready for another one at the end of February.  Keep tabs on this event at Geneabloggers Group on Facebook or at the newGeneabloggers website.

1 comment:

Andrea Christman said...

Thomas, I had a great visit, too! It was nice to "chat" with everyone live. I felt very motivated with everyone posting what they were scanning. The peer pressure worked wonders! See you next scanfest! :-)