Friday, January 2, 2009

Year in Review (2008) in 12 Sentences

This meme seems to be all the rage today out in the Genea-Blogosphere and since I prefer memes where I don't need to tag other genea-bloggers, I thought I'd give it a go.  The idea is to take the first sentence of the first post of each month in the previous year (2008) and list them.

1. "I have to say that I really enjoyed Craig Manson's post "Greatest Genealogy Find Ever" over at Geneabloggie." from My Greatest Genealogical Find Ever.

2. "I am happy to announce some progress on the MacEntee side of my family tree." from A Wall Broken Down.

3. "Jasia at Creative Gene, who you all know I absolutely adore and really made me the genea-blogging junkie that I am, has a great post today dealing with the concept of a 'matriname.'" from The Name Game - Family Name Schematics In Different Cultures.

4. "As I mentioned in my earlier post, I have actually been able to leverage both a website and several blogs to meet my needs." from A Melded Website/Blog Environment.

5. "Lowville in Lewis County, New York is considered the ancestral hometown in my family." from Home to Lowville.

6. "Joan and Jo'el Austin." from Wordless Wednesday.

7. "The topic for the next edition of the Carnival of Genealogy will be: Independent Spirit." from Reminder - 51st Edition of the Carnival of Genealogy.

8. "The Genea-Bloggers group has seen some more growth this past week." from The Week in Facebook 8/1/2008.

9. "Most of the heirlooms that I do have of the Austin family ancestors are in the form of photos or naturalization certificates, and perhaps some letters." from A Love Untarnished.

10. "Fred Roberts china gets ready for Sunday brunch." from Wordless Wednesday.

11. "I was fortunate enough to have been raised in an extended family that regularly shunned television in favor of discussing the issues of the day." from The Family Politic.

12. "I've had so many different Christmas trees in my life, from boyhood to adult, but I can remember each and every one of them as well as the ones of friends and family members." from Advent Calendar - December 1 - Christmas Trees.

No comments: