Sunday, February 22, 2009

Any Blogger Interested In A Paid Gig?

I've just posted over at Geneabloggers with a post entitled How Can I Make Money By Blogging? and I wanted to point out another opportunity of which I've personally taken advantage.

As I mentioned in a previous post, I've been named the National Genealogy and Technology Examiner over at Examiner.com and so far, I've not only enjoyed writing the articles but I've also been encouraged by the potential to make some money from my writing.

Examiner.com is looking for both local and national contributors and I've noticed that the area of genealogy and family history is pretty sparse in terms of the number of contributors.  I imagine that not only would most major cities need a local genealogy examiner who wrote about local resources, but the Examiner could used a beefed up national presence especially with ethnic genealogy: african american genealogy, polish genealogy, and more.

If anyone is interested in working with the Examiner.com site, please contact me for more information.  I'd be happy to explain to you how I got involved, the process of applying for an Examiner position and the commitment level needed - as well as how to get paid.

1 comment:

Bill West said...

Hi Thomas,
All your posts have disappeared from my rss blogfeed booksmarks toolbar. I don't know if it's the new
format or what. It just says
"empty" in parentheses.

It might just be my browser but I thought I'd let you know.