Monday, June 22, 2009

Footnote Price Increase and a Special Offer



I just received notice, as a Footnote subscriber, that on August 1, 2009, the annual membership fee will increase by $10. However, if you decide to extend your annual membership using the Footnote Loyalty Program, you can save $20 and renew for $59.95.

I am a big fan of Footnote not just because I can access certain records, especially Civil War-related records not found in many other place, but they have built functions which help engage you and your family in the family history research process. This includes interactive 1930 US Federal Census pages as well as I Remember pages and more.

I was able to create a tribute page to my first cousin Kenny VonRonn who died in Iraq in 2005. In addition, I created a person page for my great-grandfather John Ralph Austin complete with photos, timeline, Google map and more. And I also take advantage of the storage space on Footnote to store images such as my scan of the 1893 book Souvenirs of Lowville. I just wish there were more time in my day to spend on these fantastic features!

I'm looking forward to visiting with the folks at Footnote at #scgs09 and finding out what new features they have planned for the future. And remember to extend your annual membership if you have a current subscription or if you've always wanted a subscription to Footnote, now is the time to take advantage of their offer!

No comments: