Read the License & Acknowledge Contribution If You Use Our Content
You may NOT use the contents of this site for commercial purposes without explicit permission from the author and blog owner. Commercial purposes includes blogs with ads and income generating features, and/or blogs or sites using feed content as a replacement for original content. Full content usage is not permitted.
Terms of Service*
(Normally I would put this in really small print, but several leading eye physicians have advised me to stick to larger fonts).
Although I assume that everyone will understand that the information on this site is intended to foster knowledge expansion among the genealogy and family history community, other sites have these fancy disclaimers and it sure is fun to tug on their capes. So here goes:
2. Content: I am responsible for the content of this site, not including visitor comments or the content of individual contributors. Other than visitor comments and specifically stated guest contributions, Destination: Austin Family reflects the personal views and opinions of Thomas MacEntee.
3. Credit: I make every effort to give proper credit to any sources of content or information in this blog. If you feel you or another source lacks credit, please contact Destination: Austin Family. No one likes a plagiarist.
4. Accuracy and Validity: Believe it or not, people make mistakes from time to time and I try to make facts and information as accurate as possible. In addition, Destination: Austin Family is a work in progress. The world is an ever-changing place, which means that content can become outdated quickly. While I hope to avoid having outdated material on this site, I can’t guarantee that everything is timely, so don’t rely on the timeliness or accuracy of the information at Destination: Austin Family.
5. Images: Any image which is not otherwise attributed to another source, is presumed to be owned by Thomas MacEntee. If you wish to use the image, please ask permission. And ask nicely.
6. Comments: I am not responsible for any comments made by contributors in the Comments section. However I will exercise my right to moderate and edit comments which are deemed to be offensive, childish or just plain dumb as a box of hair.
7. Liability: As a reader, you will not hold me liable for libel (say that three times fast) or defamation in the content of Destination: Austin Family. In addition, there is no intention to do harm by hosting content at Destination: Austin Family. The content at Destination: Austin Family is not to be taken as fact nor absolute. If people use the information and somehow are injured, I am not to be held responsible. The sites that Destination: Austin Family links to via hyperlinks are not under my control. Those sites are responsible for the content of those sites. The sun, the moon and the rotation of the Earth are not under my control either. I'm working on it, but don’t hold your breath, and don’t try to make me responsible for other sites, bad weather, global warming or any malady that befalls you.
So there it is. I've done the disclaimer thing. Aren’t you glad we got that out of the way? Now back to the business of blogging about genealogy and family history.
Destination: Austin Family respects your privacy. Any personal information you provide to us including and similar to your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address will not be released, sold, or rented to any entities or individuals outside of Destination: Austin Family.
Remember The Risks Whenever You Use The Internet : While we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information that you transmit to Destination: Austin Family and you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of any passwords or other account information. In addition other Internet sites or services that may be accessible through Destination: Austin Family have separate data and privacy practices independent of us, and therefore we disclaim any responsibility or liability for their policies or actions.
Please contact those vendors and others directly if you have any questions about their privacy policies.
Thomas MacEntee is a genealogist specializing in the use of technology and social media to improve genealogical research and as a means of interacting with others in the family history community. Utilizing over 25 years of experience in the information technology field, Thomas writes and lectures on the many ways blogs, Facebook and Twitter can be leveraged to add new dimensions to the genealogy experience. As the creator of GeneaBloggers.com he has organized and engaged a community of over 2,000 bloggers to document their own journeys in the search for ancestors.