Wednesday, July 15, 2009

The Pressner Brick Wall Has Fallen

And although you may not be able to tell, I am doing a mad genealogy happy dance as I also try to type this post!
I received an e-mail from my 2nd cousin Wendy (whom I've only met on Facebook - go social media!) late this afternoon with some very interesting information based on the marriage certificate for Frances Pressner and Richard Henneberg, my great-grandparents:
  • Frances' father was Robert Pressner . . . and his name was spelled "Pressnir", which may have been a shortened version of "Pressnirvinsky".

  • Frances' mother was Anna Haring, but misspelled "Herring" on Frances' marriage certificate to Richard Henneberg.
Wendy provided much more information than I can digest and include here right now. I will follow-up with more information later in the week but I can now say that I have the names of all 16 of my great-great-grandparents!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I very happy for you but I'm also jealous. Really, it's inspiration to keep working on those brick walls.

Sandra Ruffing said...

That's awesome! I just recently broke down a brick wall myself. Must be something in the air. = )

Jasia said...

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! My toes are tapping and I'm dancing with you dear friend!!! How marvelous to have that brick wall down. Good for you! I look forward to reading more about your new found ancestors in the days to come :-)

Jennifer said...

Wow! I totally know how you feel. I went ten plus years before I could find my great-grandfather Archie Currie's mother's maiden name. Congrats!

Martin said...

http://mhollick.typepad.com/slovakyankee/2009/07/width-v-length.html

Charley "Apple" Grabowski said...

I thought that was thunder I heard!

Congrats on the break through. Having nothing new here I'll do the happy dance for you :-)

Amy (We Tree) said...

A little late to the game, but I wanted to offer my congratulations and enjoy your happy dance.

Amy (who knows 15 out of 16 of her great greats)

Julie said...

That's fantastic!!! WTG!