A very quiet Tuesday at least from an email perspective - weird. Rainy and cold weather continues.
- Lots of Tombstone Tuesday posts to tag for the roll-up at GeneaBloggers. Sometimes I wish I had more cemetery photos of my ancestors.
- Most of my day was spent working on two articles for upcoming issues of Family Tree Magazine. They will appear in the March 2010 and May 2010 issues. It was my first assignment with them and I have to say that FTM and F+W Media are a very well-oiled machine - I'm very impressed.
- Worked on the draft of a new post to go up here at DAF - lists web-based resources for locating living people.
- Found some interesting articles about personal history, capturing memories and genealogy in the Costco Connection magazine. Usually I don't find much of value in this magazine since it is geared towards large suburban families and small home-based businesses but I was pleasantly surprised this issue.
- Received the latest issue of On Huguenot Street, the newsletter for the Huguenot Historical Society in New Paltz, New York. I noticed they are planning a family reunion for descendants of the original patent families - I descend along the Freer and Deyo lines. They are looking for volunteers - I may see if they need a blog.
- Music today: it was more Jazz Divas - my fave of late is Lisa Ono, a Japanese woman born and raised in Brazil. She does some great bossa nova versions of classic Jazz standards.