Saturday, November 14, 2009

Genealogy Journal Friday, November 13, 2009





A busy Friday and a big decision made - see below!
  • I worked on the Upcoming Events post at GeneaBloggers and got that posted. It appears that genealogy activities slow down around the holidays and they probably will pick up in January I'm sure. Also got lots of traction on the Follow Friday theme which is nice to see - people are making some great recommendations!
  • Off for haircuts - I only trust one person with my coiff and she does a great job every two weeks.
  • I drafted a post about Evernote - more folks are asking me about the application and how they can use it to stay organized. I should have the post available next week.
  • I made an important decision in terms of genealogy and education: I decided to sign up for the Spring semester program at Boston University for Genealogical Research. While the price is a bit steep, there is a 10% discount if you are a member of NGS or NEHGS. In addition, I did some research and it appears I can take the tuition and expenses as tax deductions. So I'll be in online classes from January 13, 2010 to April 20, 2010 - wish me luck!
  • Off to one of our favorite watering holes near the house - Crew - for 1/2 price appetizers from 4 - 6pm. These "appetizers" really are entrees if you ask me so you can actually get quite a deal. Also tried a new "weiss" beer which is a wheat beer - this one was Ebel's made by the Two Brothers Brewing Company in Indiana. A great beer!
© 2009, copyright Thomas MacEntee

No comments: