Saturday, November 7, 2009

Genealogy Journal Friday, November 6, 2009




My main concern all day was trying to fight this cold which I may have picked up either at the nursing home or on the airplane last weekend.
  • Went through all the great comments on the post To Touch Mom's Face Again at DAF - I've been very moved by the stories that readers have shared about being caretaker for their own parents or relatives. It is great to know I am not alone.
  • Caught up on laundry - it looks like it will be a nice warm weekend here in Chicagoland and who wants to do laundry on a day like that?  Besides I am grateful I can do laundry in my own home and not down the river on a rock like my ancestors.  Although I think catching up on the weekly gossip would be kinda fun, no?
  • Not much genealogy after dinner - in tribute to Veterans Day we had rented The Best Years of Our Lives - for some reason I had never seen this classic movie. With Myrna Loy, Frederic March, Theresa Wright and other fine performers.
  • Music today: I wish I could say I remember but I can't - I believe I was playing more blue-eyed soul.  I did spend time to finally fix my iTunes setup but for some reason I can't get the album cover artwork to show.
© 2009, copyright Thomas MacEntee

2 comments:

Leah said...

Ah, The Best Years of Our Lives - my all-time favorite movie! I've seen it a hundred times and love it just a little more each time. If you ever want someone to discuss the subtle nuances of it with let me know, lol! I hope you enjoyed it as much as I always do. And you're right, it is the perfect movie for Veteran's Day!

Barbara Poole said...

Love that movie, and of course, the star, Harold Russell. He often visited where I used to work, but I never saw him.

Hope you are feeling better. Didn't know you live in Chicago, my family was from Evanston, father b. there and I have an ancestor with a major Newberry Lib. connection.