While this Monday was not busy in terms of emails and blog post reading, I did get quite a bit done in terms of writing future posts and working on a few new projects.
- Took care of the usual tasks such as email, reading and tagging posts for Madness Monday, etc. Also made certain the scheduled post of May I Introduce To You . . . was set for 2pm CST.
- I discovered that I had been awarded a total of four Kreativ Blogger awards over the weekend and during the day. So I made sure to post at Destination: Austin Family my "seven things about me" and pass award on to seven other genealogy bloggers. I also cross-posted at GeneaBloggers since that blog won two of the awards.
- Much of the afternoon was spent putting together posts and pages and graphics for the new Holiday 2009 Recipe Contest at GB. One of the biggest challenges was a way to automate the way in which recipes could be submitted and enforce some type of standardization in terms of information provided. I found a neat (and free - we like free) tool which I'll post about soon. The contest will run for about the next three weeks and the prize is a $25 Williams-Sonoma gift card. The goal is to produce a PDF printable cookbook the week of December 7, 2009.
- Also during the day I worked on some draft posts at GB: one on how to plan a redesign of your blog as well as a resources post for blog design tools (web browser testing, color palettes, etc.). Reminds me that I should do a special holiday post on holiday icons and templates - many bloggers like to "decorate" their blogs around this time of year.
- The rest of the evening was spent working on a major top-secret project for GB as well as catching episodes of Accidentally On Purpose and Two and a Half Men on CBS.
- Music: today was classical music in the morning, specifically Jacqueline Du Pré. In the afternoon it was a 1970s blast from the past with Melanie, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Dr. Hook and more. Remember those?