Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Genealogy Journal Monday, November 9, 2009





Up late this morning and I was right in my prediction that today would be a busy day.
  • Checked the blogs and marked the Madness Monday posts as well as answered emails.
  • Posted the May I Introduce To You . . . post about Alice Keesey Mecoy of the John Brown Kin blog at GeneaBloggers. Gini Webb of Ginisology does such a good job with this series of posts - I'm glad I can count on her for some good interviews.  Can you imaging being a descendant of a famous figure in US history like Alice?
  • Finally, finally, got to clearing out my To Do List on Evernote. Which reminds me that I need to do a post about Evernote which is a great online notebook program for clipping items on the web, capturing ideas, etc. I use it to keep notes for this journal as well as my blogging editorial calendar.
  • As a result of list cleaning, I was able to get three GB posts in draft mode so I can post them as I see fit during the week.
  • I also posted on GB a resource list of sites offering free icons. There will be quite a few more resource lists coming out in the next few weeks - all things like photo editing, blog templates, etc. that genealogy bloggers need.
  • Amazon order arrived - getting ready for Thanksgiving. I ordered two packages of cheese cloth for basting the turkey. It seems that the price in the grocery store is way too high and they always run out. Which reminds me - I should buy fresh sage this weekend since that always runs out as well!
  • And my new iPhone arrived but I spent quite a bit of time trying to activate it. Finally gave up at 2am and went to bed. Seems like I'll need to call AT&T in the morning.
© 2009, copyright Thomas MacEntee

No comments: