Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Genealogy Journal Tuesday, December 1, 2009


This was one of the busiest days I've had in a while - lots of writing, answering emails etc.
  • I was up early to make certain that the Advent Calendar of Christmas Memories (ACCM) post was working. In case anyone is wondering, I might post about the technical aspects of creating the calendar image so you can click on each day of the month. This was done using the image map concept in HTML and it is pretty easy once you understand it. Genealogy bloggers may want to do this for family portraits etc. but I think there are not photo tagging applications that handle this.
  • Posted at Destination: Austin Family my Advent Calendar entry on Christmas Trees. Most of my ACCM posts will be recycled from 2007. This is why - as if I don't have enough to do - I am posting my new Christmas novella - When Christmas Came Home - on a serial chapter-by-chapter basis between December 1 and December 24. I think folks will like this story. Stay tuned.
  • I hadn't posted at my blog A Catskill Christmas in almost a year so I created a slideshow of photos from years past. I hope I was able to give some folks some ideas for decorations.
  • Today is also Data Backup Day and I wanted to make sure folks are not only backing up their genealogy data and blogs, but also thinking about what to ask Santa for in terms of external hard drives and backup subscription web sites!
  • Before dinner, I did a review of the ACCM December 1 entries and highlighted a few at GB - I am amazed at the commonality among many of us especially when it came to Mom's who wanted tinsel placed on the tree one strand at a time. Yeah, right.
  • Music: I am way in the holiday season in terms of music on my iPod - have created a Holiday Jazz playlist with Roberta Flack, Dave Koz, Chet Baker, Dave Brubeck and more.
© 2009, copyright Thomas MacEntee

No comments: