Saturday, January 9, 2010

It's Award Season

And I don't mean motion picture awards although the Screen Actor Guild, Golden Globe and Academy Awards that are coming up this Spring!

I'm talking about the Happy 101 Award which has been making the rounds among the genealogy bloggers this weekend. I want to say thank you to Gini Webb of Ginisology for giving me this award - I really appreciate it!

One of the duties one accepts when also accepting the award is to list 10 things that make me happy.  So here goes:
  1. Working from my home, having finally escaped the corporate rate race.
  2. The memories of my mother and the values she instilled in me - they still serve me to this very day.
  3. The ability to work in the genealogy field and do what I love.
  4. Having a sense of curiosity and the willingness to try anything once
  5. Living in an age when technology makes it easy to connect with a broad spectrum of people.
  6. Seeing my colleagues break down genealogy brick walls.
  7. The love I receive from my family.
  8. A good cup of coffee.
  9. Writing - only if I had more time!
  10. Appreciating the blessings that come my way each day.
And it seems I also must pass the award on to other bloggers - and here are my choices:
  1. Winging It
  2. Tina's Genealogical Wish List
  3. My Ancestors and Me
  4. A Canadian Family
  5. Family Tree Writer
  6. Luxegen
  7. GeneNotes
  8. Everything's Relative
  9. Elyse's Genealogy Blog
  10. Kinfolk News

© 2010, copyright Thomas MacEntee

7 comments:

Evelyn Yvonne Theriault said...

Thank you very much, Thomas. It's always meaningful to receive an award from such the No.1 team builder in the genealogy blog community!
Evelyn in Montreal

Alex Coles said...

Thanks Thomas! Working on my post now....

Joan Miller - Luxegen Genealogy said...

Awww, that is so sweet of you, Thomas! Thank you!

Nancy said...

Thank you so very much, Thomas. It was a huge surprise - even more so because two people gave it. I appreciate it.
Nancy from My Ancestors and Me (www.nancysfamilyhistoryblog.blogspot.com

Cindy said...

Greetings Thomas! Thanks very much. It's nice to be thought of when though I've been away for a while.

Tina Lyons said...

Thanks so much Thomas for the award!

Sherry - Family Tree Writer said...

Thank you, Thomas! I just finished posting my Awards. I chose you, though I know you will get dozens of awards, because you have been so very helpful to me and so very encouraging!

Evelyn said it best, you are the No. 1 team builder!