Saturday, July 10, 2010

Off to Los Angeles for a Genealogy Conference


Well it is another trip - one of many this summer - to a genealogy conference this weekend.  I leave today for Los Angeles where I am attending and speaking at The 30th IAJGS International Conference on Jewish Genealogy which runs from July 11th through July 16th, 2010.

The event takes place at the brand new J.W. Marriott L.A. Live hotel in downtown Los Angeles and I can't wait to check out this new place.  The conference organizers predict 1,000 attendees during this six-day event and I know I'll be attending lots of sessions.

As for speaking, I have the great honor of being asked to give the IAJGS Management Symposium this year.  It is a two-hour talk entitled 21st Century Marketing for Genealogists and Genealogical Societies.  Making sure that both genealogists and genealogical societies take advantage of all the free tools available to them in order to prosper is my passion.

Besides giving my Social Networking: New Horizons for Genealogists presentation, I will be participating in a fun event with colleagues Schelly Dardashti of Tracing the Tribe: The Jewish Genealogy Blog and Lisa Louise Cooke of The Genealogy Gems podcasts.  Entitled Breakfast with the Experts: "Only Connect!"—Social Networking & Blogging for Genealogists, it is a panel discussion which should be lots of fun!

Over the next few days I'll have more news on the IAJGS conference here at Destination: Austin Family as well as over at GeneaBloggers.  Stay tuned.

© 2010, copyright Thomas MacEntee

No comments: