It's that time once again for this year's edition of I Give Thanks. While the year has been filled with challenges, as the song goes and as a dear friend said this week, "I'm Still Here."
I give thanks for . . .
- the ability to get out of bed each morning, of my own will and strength
- wisdom to understand the difference between what I must do and what I want to do; often I am truly blessed, for they are the same
- family and friends and the support that they give me
- a nation where I can enjoy many freedoms that others cannot
- an online community of genealogy colleagues whose support is equal to none
- the knowledge that I must let go of what is in my hands in order to receive the next gift
- the desire to play the entire keyboard that is life, not just the most common keys
- a career in genealogy and family history, doing what I absolutely love
- the responsibility and duty of caring for an aging parent
- a sense of humor
- a roof over my head and a meal on the table
- the friends and loved ones who have passed on this year and what their lives meant to me
- memories of what was and the hope for what may be
- a universe that bends towards justice
I give thanks.
© 2010, copyright Thomas MacEntee