Thursday, March 24, 2011

Thomas Goes All Media Crazy

For those of you who haven't kept up with my latest shenanigans, let me just say that I've been exposing myself. I bet that caught your attention!

The exposure has been in different media forms since the start of 2011.  Some of this was planned and some if it was not and has taken on a life of its own.  Here's what's going on:

Rootstech: I attended the first RootsTech conference in Salt Lake City, Utah from February 10-12, 2011.  Not only did I have a great time meeting up with folks from all over the world - many of whom I've worked with online, but I also had the opportunity to deliver three presentations. One of them - a round table on Virtual Presentations was streamed live on the Internet and also recorded.



GeneaBloggers Radio: just before RootsTech, the premiere episode of Season 2 of Who Do You Think You Are? debuted on NBC. I started my own radio show - GeneaBloggers Radio - as a way for the genealogy community to discuss not just that night's episode of the show but also to discuss issues in the genealogy community and to share ideas. Let's just say after 7 episodes, this radio thing is really fun and starting to become popular. Last week for a St. Patrick's Day feature we had genealogists from all over the world including Ireland discussing how to find your Irish roots. And this week the show will be featuring nationally known genealogist Megan Smolenyak.

You can catch the episodes live here from 9-11pm Central each Friday evening. Also, each two-hour show is archived and can be played back at any time.


Listen to internet radio with GeneaBloggers on Blog Talk Radio

Webinars: And I've been very busy developing a line of genealogy education webinars for Legacy Family Tree Webinars that are delivered live online. In January 2011 I presented Google for Genealogists to 1,000 people who signed in from over 33 different countries around the world.  This week's webinar was entitled Backing Up Your Genealogy Data and is now available for viewing until April 4, 2011.

Click here to view the recorded webinar.

© 2010, copyright Thomas MacEntee

5 comments:

Denise C said...

One, if you have to do something, might as well be something you enjoy...and are good at!! Two, I guess since I saw the RootsTech session and 1 of the 2 webinars (ordered the bundle)AND just listened to the geni.com podcasts, does that make me a stalker :)

Keep up the social media blitz!!!

Éire Historian said...

I've had the week from 'h' 'e' double hockey sticks, and this made me smile. Soon they will be calling you Media King: Thomas MacEntee.

Cheers to you,
Jennifer

Lori H said...

Keep it up, Thomas! It makes us happy! :)

Unpuzzling said...

Your webinars are awesome, Thomas. Please keep up the great work - and don't burn out! I spent the day building my research toolbox and blogging about it - I hope more people check out your ideas.
Sue

Cindy said...

Thomas - great work! I enjoy your webinars and Blog Talk Radio, and look forward to seeing you at Jamboree!

Thanks,
Cindy