Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Angie's List®, I'm Ready For My Closeup

I received a call this morning while I was on my way out the door and it was from Angie's List®. They want to come over tomorrow and do a photo shoot for an upcoming issue with a feature article on genealogy.

About a month ago, a received an email from a senior staff writer at Angie's List asking me some questions about genealogy since he had seen my blog. After a few back and forths, I agreed to a telephone interview which would become part of a podcast for Angie's List®. As the interview progressed, I got the impression that the writer also had a personal interest in genealogy. Don't you just know when you talk to someone and they ask certain questions about genealogy that they really want to work on their own family history?

So tomorrow, a freelance photographer will stop by and probably take a few pictures of me in my home office standing in front of my two wall charts and some photos of ancestors. I better start thinking about what to wear! I wonder if I'll be the Angies List® coverboy?

4 comments:

Miriam Robbins said...

Hooray for you, Thomas! This is fantastic!

Midge Frazel said...

Cool. Let's see those wall charts!

Elizabeth O'Neal said...

You ROCK, Thomas! Can't wait to see photos of how clean your office is!

Jasia said...

No one would make a better cover boy than you, Thomas :-)