Monday, January 21, 2008

A Citation for Citations: Thank You footnoteMaven

I'm posting here for two reasons:

- to send my get-well wishes across the wires to footnoteMaven and to tell her that I look forward to her posts when she returns; and

- to say thank you for her blog as a resource for proper citation. Now, way back when I was a waiter at the Last Supper, I went to college and thought I knew all there was to know about proper citation. Heck, I wrote many art history papers and even a thesis. I had my Chicago Manual of Style always at my side. But alas, that was before the advent of what some of my relatives call "that Internets."

While my copy of Evidence Explained: Citing History Sources from Artifacts to Cyberspace (Baltimore: Genealogical Pub. Co., Fall 2007) is in transit, I've spent much time at her blog learning some tips and tricks. I am resolute to clean up my database and have good, solid cites.

I know, I know. It is always better if you start out researching knowing how to format the different citations from different areas such as books, cemetery readings, etc. But there is room for redemption right? Well, I am on that path starting today . . .

No comments: