Saturday, March 21, 2009

Saturday Night Fun - Y-DNA

Well I am home from a great night of Indian cuisine and ready to participate in Randy Seaver's Saturday Night Fun meme.  This week Randy asks:

* What was your father's mother's maiden name?

Slattery - my father's mother was Loretta Margaret Slattery (1920 - 1986)

* What was your father's mother's father's name?

John Vincent Slattery (1888 - 1939)

* What is your father's mother's father's patrilineal line? That is, his father's father's father's ... back to the most distant male ancestor in that line?

All I can trace back to is Martin Slattery for whom I have no birth or death date.

* Can you identify male sibling(s) of your father's mother, and any living male descendants from those male sibling(s)? If so, you have a candidate to do a Y-DNA test on that patrilineal line. If not, you may have to find male siblings, and their descendants, of the next generation back, or even further.

There were two brothers, John Vincent Slattery, Jr. (1914 - 1916) and Gerald Anthony Slattery (1917 - 1988) with no children - as far as my research shows. It looks like I have some more research to do here!

No comments: