Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Genealogy Journal Monday, October 26, 2009


This seemed to be a quieter Monday than usual - light on the blog posts to be read and on emails.
  • The usual morning routine of reading emails, posts and tagging genealogy blog posts in Google Reader for Madness Monday at GeneaBloggers.
  • Installed my complimentary copy of Handy Backup from Novosoft LLC since I'd been asked to write a review.  Wrote review and posted at GeneaBloggers.
  • Wrote and posted the final segment of the Marjorie Pauline Frost story at Destination: Austin Family.  Also worked on the Do's and Don'ts of Living Person Research post as a follow-up.  Made good headway and the post is almost finished.
  • Received a request to reprint the Source Citation Quick Reference card from GeneaBloggers.  Said yes - flattered, actually.  All my QRs have the GB logo and part of branding and marketing plan for GB.  Am working on more QRs including one on creating a genealogy blog.
  • Mapped out new blog posts ideas for both GB and DAF on the blogging editorial calendar.  I find my writing output has vastly improved and quality of writing has gone up since I started working with a calendar to track my writing.
  • Finally, worked on a Twitter article for a major genealogy magazine to be published in March 2010.
  • Music today: it was Jazz Divas day - Abbey Lincoln, Sophie Millman, Dana Owens (aka Queen Latifah), Lisa Ono, Susan Wong, Dinah Washington, Dorothy Dandridge.
© 2009, copyright Thomas MacEntee

1 comment:

Susi's Quarter said...

I hope your able to scan my blogs ever so often. But then I am not sure you see them either. blessings Susi