Monday, November 9, 2009

Genealogy Journal Saturday and Sunday, November 7 - 8, 2009





This is my first dual genealogy journal post since - for the first time in a long time - this was mostly a non-genealogy weekend.  Imagine that.

Saturday, November 7, 2009
  • Off to play Escape from Costco Island. Almost won - out in 15 minutes but unfortunately the damage was over $100. Must work on that but with the impending holidays it will be difficult. Bought the boneless leg of lamb and got it set in the marinade for tomorrow night.
  • Wrote my review of Michael John Neill's Casefile Clues newsletter at GB. Let's just say that I was and still am very impressed! I love the way he deconstructs genealogy cases and the puts all the pieces back together. Very helpful!
Sunday, November 8, 2009
  • Also I remembered to turn the boneless leg of lamb which has been marinading in the ice box since Saturday morning.
  • After that, believe it or not, I had a totally non-genealogy, non-computer and non-Internet day!
  • Stopped in at Home Depot to pick up supplies to transfer houseplants. Since it was 71F degrees out in Chicago (in November? really?) I wanted to work out on the deck and transfer plants that were root bound as well as purchase new plants to nuture during the winter months.
  • Got dinner going about 4:30 pm: roasted vegetables (onions, mushrooms, peppers and tomatoes with some of the lamb marinade) in the oven, made saffron rice pilaf and fired up the grill. While the weather was great, I am not a big fan of grilling in the dark which I had to do now with the time change. The lamb was wonderful!.
  • Watched the latest Family Guy nonsense on Fox - I just don't know how they get away with some of the stuff on that show! Then watched a great piece in the American Masters series called Hollywood Chinese which traced the depiction of Chinese-Americans in movies - very interesting.
© 2009, copyright Thomas MacEntee

No comments: