Friday, November 13, 2009

Genealogy Journal Thursday, November 12, 2009





For some reason, this seemed like a short day - perhaps because I slept until 10am and then left at 4pm to go to the in-laws for dinner!.
  • I performed my usual routine with emails and reading blog posts. Lots of requests this week to have blogs added to the GeneaBloggers blog roll - I think there are 23 new blogs so far!
  • I did some research on the Boston University Online Genealogy Research Certificate program - the registration deadline is December 20, 2009 and classes start January 13, 2010. I don't think I can get any financial aid to cover the cost since the program is considered less than half-time, but I was happy to find out that I can deduct the cost of tuition and supplies from my tax return for 2009!
  • For my next ProGen Study Group assignment, I need to inventory my current genealogy library of books and catalog it - either using a spreadsheet or an online program. I opted for Google's My Library feature and I'm pretty much done with the assignment.
  • I jumped back into research for a client project involving Portuguese and Hawaiian ancestry - very interesting and I really am enjoying it!
  • Finally, off to the in-laws for homemade Greek food - it was wonderful.  Also had to fix my father-in-law's Internet connection which for some reason was having issues.
© 2009, copyright Thomas MacEntee

No comments: