Friday, July 2, 2010

My Latest Archives.com Article - Preserving Genealogy Data



My latest article entitled "It’s 10 PM - Do You Know Where Your Genealogy Data Is?" has been posted at Archives.com.  This is one of many articles you'll find as part of the Experts series at Archives.com - check it out and you will see some familiar faces among the genealogy blogging crowd!

The most recent article goes beyond advocating the backup of your genealogy data: I discuss how to take an inventory of your genealogy data, select the best backup method that works for you, and why you need to "future proof" your data.

If you have an area of expertise within the genealogy field, consider applying with Archives.com to be one of their next Experts authors.

[Disclaimer: this was an assignment for Archives.com in which I was paid to produce a 1800 word article on the subject of digital preservation.  In February 2010, I wrote a similar article for Archives.com with similar payment terms.  In addition to payment, I also received a complimentary membership to Archives.com.]

© 2010, copyright Thomas MacEntee

No comments: