Sunday, January 29, 2012

My Genealogy Bucket List GeneaMeme

Jill Ball of the Geniaus blog has another great meme going so here is my entry:

The Bucket List GeneaMeme

The list should be annotated in the following manner:

  • Things you would like to do or find: Bold Type
  • Things you haven’t done or found and don’t care to: plain type
  • You are encouraged to add extra comments after each item

The genealogy conference I would most like to attend is...
WDYTYA Live in London

The genealogy speaker I would most like to hear and see is...

The geneablogger I would most like to meet in person is...
Jasia of Creative Gene

The genealogy writer I would most like to have dinner with is...
Elizabeth Shown Mills

The genealogy lecture I would most like to present is....


I would like to go on a genealogy cruise that visits....
Australia and New Zealand

The photo I would most like to find is...
One of my great-great grandfather Matthew McGinnis

The repository in a foreign land I would most like to visit is...
Wherever my Irish ancestors records can be found.

The place of worship I would most like to visit is...
St. Peter's Basilica, Rome

The cemetery I would most like to visit is ......
Old Tangore Cemetery in Ulster County, New York

The ancestral town or village I would most like to visit is......
Liepzig, Germany

The brick wall I most want to smash is...
Elizabeth Findout (Vyndhout)

The piece of software I most want to buy is....

The tech toy I want to purchase next is .....
Next generation iPad

The expensive book I would most like to buy is...
The Settlers of the Beekman Patent, Dutchess County, New York

The library I would most like to visit is.....
The Allen County Public Library

The genealogy related book I would most like to write is....
An inspirational book for those who always wanted to trace their roots but just don't feel they "have the right stuff" to succeed

The genealogy blog I would most like to start would be about....
The history of the field of genealogy

The journal article I would most like to write would be about...
The connection (or lack thereof) between the MacEntees and the McEntees of New York

The ancestor I most want to meet in the afterlife is....
My 9th great-grandfather Johannes Putman 1645-1680.

© 2012, copyright Thomas MacEntee

1 comment:

Jasia said...

Maybe this will be our year to meet, Thomas. I'd like that. We've been so close yet so far away for quite awhile now, lol!