Saturday, August 17, 2013

I'm Certifiable. Honest I Am.


Just a quick note to let my readers know that I've decided not to complete the certification process for genealogy through the Board for Certification of Genealogists as I had mentioned back in January in this post.

My reasons for abandoning this journey are a mix of personal and professional, many being very personal. Am I disappointed? You betcha, but I know there are other options.  I'm looking at different options in my genealogy career right now. As defined above, I know I am able to be certified, I'm not sure about the need part.

And mental illness? Well, I've already been diagnosed, didn't you know? Read here for what one of the more gracious people of genealogy said to me in a comment at GeneaBloggers this week.

So it looks like I truly I am certifiable!

© 2013, copyright Thomas MacEntee

No comments: