Monday, July 14, 2008

The 3rd Edition of the "I Smile for the Camera" Carnival Posted

I thoroughly enjoyed this edition of "I Smile for the Camera" hosted by footnoteMaven over at Shades of the Departed. The topic is "Celebrate Home" and my entry The Summer Jar was a joy to write and very cathartic for me - with summer upon us here in Chicago I've been thinking quite a bit about my summers spent at my great-grandparents' house in Grahamsville, New York. If you haven't had a chance to view all the posts for this great new carnival, please take some time and make a visit.

The topic for the next edition is "My Favorite Photograph":

The 4th Edition of Smile For The Camera takes its word prompt from the Ace of Hearts. What photograph do you consider "My Favorite Photograph," the one that has won your heart.

Choose a photograph of an ancestor, relative, yourself, or an orphan photograph that is your favorite family photo or that photograph you've collected and wouldn't give up for a King's ransom.

Is it the only photograph of an ancestor, is it funny, poignant, or very rare? My favorite photograph is the first one I ever collected. What's yours? Share it with us! Then get back out in the summer sun.

Your submission may include as many or as few words as you feel are necessary to describe your treasured photograph. Those words may be in the form of an expressive comment, a quote, a journal entry, a poem (your own or a favorite), a scrapbook page, or a heartfelt article. The choice is yours!


For more information, visit Shades of the Departed.

No comments: