Thursday, August 21, 2008

Genea-Blogger Games: Day 12

Dear Diary:

Another frustrating day but at one point I just put all other work aside and said "ENOUGH!" and tackled some of the tasks for events that I need to complete.

Here is where I am at:

Back Up Your Data!

This is a tougher category than even I, the Backup King, realized. I won't have time to scan all my photos so that means I will remain at the Gold medal level.

Organize Your Research

I finally had time to organize what remains of The Box - documents, photos, etc. So I've completed 5 of the 6 tasks (I have not yet prepared a master list of items) for another Platinum medal.

Write, Write, Write!

I confirmed with Tim Abbott at Walking The Berkshires that I will be hosting the October edition of The Cabinet of Curiosities.

I have also written and pre-posted my entry for the Getting To Know You Challenge put forth by Terry Thornton at Hill Country of Monroe County, Mississippi.

Since I am leaving on a trip to St. Paul, Minnesota in the morning, I may not have time to post a biographical sketch. So I will probably end up with a Diamond medal for the Write, Write, Write! event.

Reach Out and Perform Genealogical Acts of Kindness

I needed one more task in order to jump from the Diamond to the Platinum level and I took care of that today. I joined the Huguenot Historical Society through their online store. This is something I've been meaning to do since my visit there in July.

So my standings are:

Go Back and Cite Your Sources - Platinum
Back Up Your Data! - Gold
Organize Your Research - Platinum
Write, Write, Write! - Diamond
Reach Out and Perform Genealogical Acts of Kindness - Platinum

No comments: