Friday, September 5, 2008

55th Edition of the Carnival of Genealogy Now Available!



Jasia at Creative Gene has done it again! The 55th Edition of the Carnival of Genealogy is now posted over at her site and it is a big shiny apple for teacher!

It is hard to believe but there are 49 posts included covering all types of Show and Tell items, from people to documents to photos and things. Take time to grab a cuppa and go over and enjoy rummaging through other's things!

The next Carnival of Genealogy will be hosted by Lori Thornton of Smoky Mountain Family Historian. The topic: 10 essential books in my genealogy library.

For the next edition, Jasia is making a special request of all submitters due to the explosive growth of COG:

Due to the recent rapid growth of the COG, and assuming its popularity continues, I will have to make some changes to the way it is presented. I am asking that all future participants use a descriptive phrase in the title of their articles (i.e. "Miss Kate's Autograph Book" as Denise Olson did) and/or write a brief description/introduction to your articles in the "comment" box of the blogcarnival submission form (i.e. "I loved show and tell in school. Way back then I was only allowed to bring one item. For this edition of the COG I'm bringing a small valise full of items that are all related to A Pink Ball Gown." as Apple did). This will give readers an idea of what you've written about and hopefully interest them in clicking on your link. I will no longer be doing this for the authors. I just can't keep that up with the volume of submissions. I'm also considering other changes to the COG. I'll keep you posted.


The deadline for submissions is September 15th. You can use the carnival submission form to submit your post. Past posts and future hosts can be found on the Carnival of Genealogy blog carnival index page.

No comments: