Sunday, October 4, 2009

SNGF - A Childhood Memory

This week's edition of Saturday Night Genealogy Fun has been posted by Randy Seaver of Genea-Musings:

1. What is one of your most vivid childhood memories? Was it family, friends, places, events, or just plain fun?

2) Tell us about it in a comment to this post, a Comment or Note on Facebook, or in a blog post of your own.


My first vivid childhood memory that I can still recall is when I was about 3 years old (which would have been 1966) and it involved a set of bunk beds shared by me and my brother. What is I recall is that somehow I was climbing down the side ladder and must have slipped - the next thing I new I had bitten my tongue and quite badly.

There was blood everywhere. And I remember that my mother's sister Jo'el was visiting and she held me with a towel applied to my tongue to stop the bleeding. I know I didn't have to go to the hospital and have stitches but I was very scared as I'm sure my mother was too.

Soon thereafter the bunk beds were dis-assembled and used as two single beds in the same room I shared with my younger brother.

© 2009, copyright Thomas MacEntee

1 comment:

Greta Koehl said...

I was never tempted by bunkbeds when I was a kid - now I see there was a good reason for that!