Thursday, November 5, 2009

Genealogy Journal Wednesday, November 4, 2009



I think I have finally found the secret (or at least one of them) to being more productive if you work at home like I do: shower/bathe as soon as you wake up, not later in the day. It really has made a difference so far this week - I jump right in to what I need to do!
  • Worked mostly on my presentation for a contract position that I'm pretty certain I've snagged. I will know more next week but I am very psyched not only for the income but for the opportunities this will provide in the genealogy field.
  • Inquired about the Boston University Online Genealogical Research program - received some basic information and I need to decide whether or not to enroll by December 20, 2009 for the January 13, 2010 start date or wait for the next iteration. Completing the BU program is part of my educational plan for genealogy.
  • After the presentation, I got back to catching up on emails and blog posts I missed all day. Realized that I hadn't posted the Wordless Wednesday roll-up over at GeneaBloggers. Got that posted and also pre-posted the rest of the Daily Blogging Theme posts for the remainder of this week.
  • I had some non-genealogy blogging to do - mainly for my brother-in-law and sister-in-law's new opera company, Petite Opera Productions, here in Chicago. I've set up an ambitious social networking-rich marketing plan and it seems to be paying off.

© 2009, copyright Thomas MacEntee

No comments: