Monday, March 8, 2010

My Newest Article - Blogging Your Family History at Archives.com



You may have noticed a new badge in the sidebar here at Destination: Austin Family - it is for my newest article entitled "Blogging Your Family History" posted at Archives.com.  My article is part of the Experts series at Archives.com - check it out and you will see some familiar faces among the genealogy blogging crowd!

In early February 2010, I was approached by the staff at Archives.com to write a piece about why blogs are so important to the genealogy and family history experience and how anyone can create their own blog.  I have to say it was a wonderful experience working with Archives.com: the instructions as to requirements were clear and  my editor kept me up to date as to my deadline and when my article was published.

If you have an area of expertise within the genealogy field, consider applying with Archives.com to be one of their next Experts author.

[Disclaimer: this was an assignment for Archives.com in which I was paid to produce a 1500 word article on the subject of blogging and family history.  In addition to payment, I also received a complimentary membership to Archives.com.]

© 2010, copyright Thomas MacEntee

No comments: