Wednesday, May 30, 2012

New York Genealogy Research


This afternoon I had the privilege to present a "Researching Your New York Ancestors" webinar as part of the Legacy Family Tree series of webinars.  As always, Geoff Rasmussen was an excellent moderator and from the feedback it looks like those who attended are excited to get on with their New York research. You can now watch the recording of the full webinar for free here. The recording will be available until June 11, 2012.

Many of the links I covered during the webinar are also in my Research Toolbox here on Destination: Austin Family.  I've extracted them here so they are easy to find:
© 2012, copyright Thomas MacEntee

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Haven't listened to the webinar yet, but it's on my list! Another great resource for Rochester-area folks is the Monroe Public Library. They have some great links, as well as many years' worth of Rochester City Directories. They also have an entire floor dedicated to genealogy & local history. It's really helped my research a ton. Here is the local history link; be sure to check out the drop-down menus: http://www3.libraryweb.org/lh.aspx?id=971&ekmensel=c57dfa7b_12_15_btnlink